- This event has passed.
May 2016: Is a Zero Waste Lifestyle Possible?
May 14, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Join Women in Cleantech and Sustainability on May 14th in San Francisco for a lively and thought-provoking discussion of the Zero Waste movement, “Is a Zero Waste Lifestyle Possible?”. Hear from industry experts, city government, and zero-waste lifestyle advocates in a deep dive into this important environmental issue. We will discuss why diverting material from landfill is such a critical issue and will explore some of the challenges that service providers, policy makers, and consumers face today.
- Beth Terry, Founder of MyPlasticFreeLife.com, Founding Member of Plastic Pollution Coalition & Author of “Plastic Free: How I Kicked the Plastic Habit and How You Can Too”
- James Kao, CEO/President/Founder of Green Citizen
- Jean Cacicedo, Textile artist, Teacher, Lecturer
- Carter Chapin Hallock, CEO of Rethink Green
- Janelle Fitzpatrick, Commercial Zero Waste Specialist, SF Environment
- Christine Liu, Founder of Packageless